Thursday, October 10, 2013

It's Fall Y'all!



            “I’ve been studying for four hours.” My freshman is making adjustments to the rigors of college classes.
            “Victoria, go outside. It’s a beautiful, cool Fall day. Do you want me to bring a patio set so you’ll have a place to sit.”
            “Yes, I was just thinking how much I wish I had one.” I chose not to mention that I tried to send a set when she moved in August. I think her exact words were, “I’m tired of moving stuff.”
            The next morning on the drive to Thibodaux I  listened to four chairs bounce against their coordinating table, and shared the road with sugar cane-laden trucks, another sign of the changing season.
            Yes, it’s finally Fall. This season people will travel hundreds of miles and spend thousands of dollars to watch the leaves change colors. Only God could herald in a new season with such beauty. While looking at the vibrant shades of red, orange, and yellow, it’s hard to believe these leaves are in the process of dying. They put on one more glorious show before they drop to the ground.
            People have different seasons, too. During the course of our lives, we may experience changes in jobs, schools, relationships, finances, communities, and even in ourselves. I have not always welcomed those changes, nor have I always displayed beauty while changing. I want to be different. As God brings new changes into my life, I don’t want to fight against them, but usher them in with the beauty and grace He magnificently displays in the changing of the seasons.
            Simply put, I want to do what Victoria did. Take a break from studying problems, embrace the beauty of the changing season, and adapt to the winds of change.

No comments:

Post a Comment